25 Best Infographic Resources
If you’re a regular reader, then you are sure to have realised by now that I am a HUGE fan of Infographics. After all these years of coding and consulting, my attention span has pretty much been whittled down to allow pretty pictures and % signs.
On a more functional note, Infographics are great to use to add weight to your claims and comments when dealing with clients. On the rare occasion, I have to try and talk a client out of something, or gently sway their scope or intentions, Infographics (when I can find them) will generally replace graphs and pie charts of my own. Why? Because instead of saying “Hey, who’s the professional here, listen to me.” I now have the backing and support of another company or group who have also ran the numbers and came to the same conclusion as validation for my claims.
In the spirit of such, here is a round up of some of the better infographic sites out there.
- Visual.ly - Awesome community for creating and sharing infographics.
- Information Aesthetics – The relationship between design and information.
- Visualizing.org - Making sense of complex issues through data and design.
- Visual Complexity - A resource for the visualization of complex networks.
- Daily Infographic - A new infographic every day.
- GOOD Infographics - GOOD Magazine’s excellent infographics section.
- Information Is Beautiful – Ideas, issues, knowledge, data – visualized.
- Infographic of the Day – Fast Company’s excellent and long running series.
- FlowingData - Exploring how designers, scientists visualize data.
- Datastore / Datablog – Two great data journalism sites from the Guardian.
- Infographics Archive – A visual library offering infographics.
- Visual Loop - There’s an infographic for it… even if it didn’t happen!
- Infographr – All about infographics.
- Newsilike – An infographics blog from India.
- Video Infographics – Motion infographics that explain, educate or inform.
- Datavisualization.ch – A news and knowledge resource for data visualization.
- VisualJournalism – 80% of the news in infographics.
- Eagereyes – Reflections on the visual communication of data.
- Amazing Infographics - Cool information graphics.
- Submit Infographics - Share and rate infographics.
- The Infographics Showcase – Collecting infographics.
- I Love Charts – A Tumblr blog about charts.
- Well Formed Data – An infographics blog by a freelance data visualizer.
- Best Infographics – Pointing you toward great infographics.
- Infographic List – For those who love infographics.